Ian Whittle has been directly and continuously involved with the banking and equipment finance industry in Australia and particularly in Queensland for over 36 years.
- He founded, managed and owned Leasepac (Leasepac Australia Pty Ltd).
- Leasepac was a Queensland based equipment finance business, established in 1981
- Bank of Queensland purchased Leasepac in 1995
- He was appointed a Group General Manager of Bank of Queensland in June 1995 and remained at that level until February 2003.
- Appointed Managing Director Capitalcorp Finance and Leasing Pty Ltd (then a subsidiary of an Australian public Company) in June 2003 and remained in that position until February 2009.
- Ian Whittle re-established Leasepac (Leasepac Pty Ltd) in April 2009 and is the holder of current Australian Credit Licence number 382748.
- BankChoice Pty Ltd was established by Ian Whittle in December 2010.Bank Choice Pty Ltd is authorised credit representative of Leasepac Pty Ltd. Credit Representative Number 395160
Leasepac commenced as an equipment finance broker. It established the first Principal and Agency Agreement in Queensland with NAB. Subsequent funding agreements were held with Westpac, ANZ and CBA. Ian Whittle, through Leasepac, built an end to end equipment finance business. When Bank of Queensland purchased Leasepac, assets under management totalled $280 million.
Ian Whittle established the following business units for the Bank
He developed the following programs for the Bank
- Equipment Finance, now BOQ Equipment Finance Limited
- Cash Flow Finance
- Private Bank
- Rural Bank
- Sales and Service Program
- Owner Manager Concept
- Internet Banking
- Controlled 41 branches
- Employed 154 people
- Sales of $480 million via 14,000 transactions per annum